Friday, October 22, 2010

happy blogiversary

A year ago today I laid in bed and set up my very first blog.  I remember the moment quite distinctly.  I tried to write an illustrative and comedic little post about my first blogging experience, don't know that I accomplished either, you can make your own assessment by clicking here.  My friend, Mary Grace and I had been talking about blogging for a few months, it wasn't until October 22, 2009 that I decided to bite the bullet.  Quite honestly, I didn't think I'd ever post again.  Shortly after my first post, MG created her own blog.  As a way to hold ourselves accountable so as not to give up on our blogging adventures we started "Top 5 Fridays".  Each Friday we'd pick a subject and choose our top five songs, movies, websites, etc...you get the idea.  Shortly thereafter we started Must Have Mondays.  After a few months we started to run out of ideas and Top 5 Fridays and Must Have Mondays became something of the past.  But I continued to blog and MG's blog became quite popular.

This time last year I was going through a very difficult time in my life.  As I continued to blog I started to notice how therapeutic my blog writing was.  It was only when I was blogging that I stopped thinking about all the seemingly unbearable things that were going on in my life.  Blogging became an escape for me and I am forever thankful.  So, thank you to my faithful followers, all 5 of you ;).  Here's to another year in the blogosphere!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, buddy! Crazy that it's been a whole year. Love you! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete